The pH meter is a simple tool that measures the pH levels in soil.
Preparation of soil:
- Remove topsoil to depth of 50mm.
- Use hand fork to loosen remaining soil, removing stones and other debris.
- Mix soil with water.
Preparation of meter:
- Lightly abrade probe but not tip, with fine abrasive paper.
- Wipe with cloth or tissue.
How to use it:
- Insert probe into soil with a twisting motion
- Leave for one minute
- Read dial on meter
- Remove and clean probe with clean cloth
- Prepare probe as previously described and repeat above by inserting the probe into a different but adjacent point to check the first reading.
Do not leave the probe in the soil for long periods.
- A reading of 4 to 7 = acidic soil
- A reading of 7 to 10 = alkaline soil
To reduce acidity apply 300g/m2 of ground limestone for every 1ph increase required. To increase acidity apply 70g/m2 of sulphate of ammonia.
|Manual pH Meter
|Qty / pack